Spiralized Greek Cucumber Salad with Lemon and Feta
In Greece, Greek salads do not have lettuce, instead they are made with fresh cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, red onion, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh feta – delicious!
- 1/2 seedless English cucumber (about 7 ounces)
- 1/4 of a green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp red onion, sliced
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 oz fresh feta, sliced thick
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves, minced
SPIRALIZE THE CUCUMBERS USING THE CHIPPER BLADE ON THE PADERNO SPIRALIZER.
- Cut the strands into smaller pieces, about 5-6 inches long so it’s easier to eat. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can just dice the cucumbers with a knife into small cubes.
- Place the cucumber in a large work bowl along with the bell pepper, tomatoes, olives and red onion.
- Squeeze half of the lemon over it, drizzle with half of the olive oil and toss with fresh oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place on a plate, top with a slice of feta and finish with remaining olive oil.