1 medium acorn squash
1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped tart apple
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Pinch of salt
1. Cut squash in half and discard the seeds.
2. Place squash, cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Fill pan with hot water until the water is to a depth of 1/2 inch. Bake at 375°F for 20 mins.
4. While it is baking combine cranberries, apple, orange peel, brown sugar, walnuts and butter.
5. Drain water from pan and turn squash over. Sprinkle with salt and stuff with cranberry mixture.
6. Bake again for an additional 20 minutes